How do I find the best neighbourhood for me?
Tell me these 12 things about yourself and I will tell you where to buy. –> No strings attached.
Below are twelve questions that will help determine which neighbourhood is right for you. If you are not a Realtor or already working with a Realtor, please email me your answers and I will tell you the best three buildings / streets / neighbourhoods that you could be concentrating on.
You want your home search to be successful, right?
12 Questions that will narrow down your search to three neighbourhoods (or fewer)
- What sort of housing are you interested in (single family home, townhouse, condo apartment) ?
- How may bedrooms do you need?
- What are your parking needs?
- What is your budget range?
- How many children do you have?
- How old are they?
- What is more important to you a) backing onto green space or b) high walk score/transit score? (Pick one)
- What neighbourhoods/streets/houses for sale have you already seen that have interested you? Why?
- What “influencers” are important to you? (Influencers could be LRT, Go Train, major employers (insurance companies, universities, tech clusters, hospitals, other), shopping (malls of city centres), nightlife, Conestoga Parkway, 401, community centre, proximity to family member…pick at least one, but not more than three)
- Would you prefer a home with a modern layout in a new neighbourhood or an older house in a mature neighbourhood? (Pick one)
- On a scale of 1-10 how well do you know the neighbourhoods of Kitchener- Waterloo?
- What are your “must haves” and “nice to haves” (formal dining room, walk out basement, great view, fenced yard, at least 2000 square feet of living space, pool, southern exposure…)
Relocating across town or from out of town
Most people, whether they are moving across town or from out of town want to know what neighbourhood would be the best fit for them. Luckily, I think I can help. Asking the right questions can narrow down the focus of your search.
Call to action
A journey of 1000 miles begins with a single step. Lets see if we can make that a step in the right direction. Save yourself a lot of time. Answer those 12 questions now!